Welcome to my personal website! I’m an Assistant Professor at Harvard housed in the Department of Technology and Operations Management (TOM) at HBS. I’m Co-Principal Investigator of the Secure and Fair Machine Learning Lab (SAFR ML) in Harvard’s new D^3 Institute, and part of the Theory of Computation research group, and the AI@Harvard Initiative. My primary academic interest is in machine learning, particularly as it concerns ethical notions like fairness and (differential) privacy. More generally, I am interested in all mathematical aspects of artificial intelligence. Recently I lead the integration of algorithms I co-developed during my Ph.D. into the open source efforts of IBM AI Research.
- 2021-Present. HBS Faculty.
- 2016-Present (2020-2021 full time). Welligence Co-founder.
- 2015-2020. Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Statistics and Data Science at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania where I was advised by Michael Kearns and Aaron Roth and supported by a 2017 NSF Graduate Fellowship.
- 2011-2015. BA in Mathematics from Harvard.
With my Co-PI Salil Vadhan, I’m currently hiring research assistants, PhD Students, and post-docs for the SAFR ML Lab! Apply.
- Anupama Nandi, Broad Institute Post-Doctoral Fellow, Co-advised with Hoon Cho. [Current]
- Brian Olagoke, D^3 Research Associate. [Current]
- Peter Chang, D^3 Research Associate. [Current]
- Leor Fishman, Undergraduate, Advised Harvard Thesis: “DEADEYE: Differential Expressivity As Dataset fairnEss/usabilitY Estimator.” Graduated 2022.